When is PlannerCon 2018?
– PlannerCon 2018 officially takes place on Saturday, March 3rd and runs through Sunday, March 4th, 2018. However, early registration starts on Friday, March 2 at 4:30 in the afternoon plus early shopping with all our vendors and the Night of Stars will open at 6:00pm Friday night.
Where is PlannerCon 2018?
– Hyatt Regency Hotel-San Francisco Airport located at 1333 Old Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, California 94010. For those diving, there is a security garage and parking is at a discounted rate of $18/day.
– The website link is: https://aws.passkey.com/gt/212810973?gtid=c81292600efe5b52fa01526286997022
– The hotel is honoring our 2017 sleeping room rate of $179 per night ($ 202.48 including taxes and fees) for rooms with 2 queen beds or 1 king bed. The hotel is also offering additional upgrades if you want to enhance your PlannerCon accommodations. A credit card is required to reserve your room however it will not be charged until you check in. The PlannerCon rate may be also be available before and after the conference for those who wish to arrive early or stay later. The cut-off date to receive the PlannerCon sleeping room rate is Tuesday, February 6, 2018 however we suggest you book as soon as possible to avoid the hotel being sold out. Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours in advance to avoid a cancellation fee.
What should I bring?
– We recommend bringing your planner (or planners), stickers, pens, markers, notebooks, glue, and anything else that you might consider important to your planning experience.
– If you’re anything like the PlannerCon Team, you many want to think about bringing an extra bag or your large suitcase for all of the goodies you’ll find with our vendors
Tickets & Registration
How much does a ticket for PlannerCon 2018 cost?
– Unfortunately, we are currently all sold out.
– You can sign up for the waitlist using the link below.
What does my ticket cover?
– Speakers, hands-on workshops, Friday Night’s Night of Stars, and Saturday night’s Plan-A-Thon
– Shopping with vendors who love the planner community!
– A fun filled weekend with like minded people and friends
– Swag Bag & many surprises!
What if I can’t make it or need to cancel?
– Unfortunately, all ticket sales are final and non-transferrable and will only be refunded up to 90 days from the original date of purchase.
Can I Volunteer at Planner Con?
– Yes! We are looking for 30 people who are excited about PlannerCon, who want to help other attendees have a wonderful experience & who can be at a mandatory volunteer training at 11:00 am Friday morning, March 2 at the hotel. If this is you, please email Judi3443@yahoo.com with your name and email address. We will send you a form to complete & return to be considered for a volunteer position
What do I need to check-in at Planner Con?
– You need to bring your ID to check in & pick up your badge & lanyard and swag bag. If you are not wearing your lanyard & badge, you will not be able to get into all the rooms
When can I check-in?
– Early check-in will start Friday 3/2/18 at 4:30pm
– Saturday check-in will start at 7:30am and Sunday morning check in will open at 8:00am
Who Should Come?
Can I come by myself?
– Absolutely! PlannerCon is a wonderful place to meet new people, learn new ideas and techniques for your planning, and to connect with others who share your interest in all things planner related.
– Be sure to comment on the #yolosolo post in the facebook group and mention #yolosolo when you check-in to get your special pins to find others who also came alone
Can I bring my kids(s) or husband? Are gentlemen allowed?
– Yes, we are a family friendly conference and love our young planners! Everyone who attends has to purchase a ticket and they get all the same goodies and opportunities as adults.
– We ask just a couple of things of parents bringing young planners: there are NO STROLLERS ALLOWED, we ask that any crying or fussy little ones be taken outside so as to not disturb speakers, workshops, and/or other attendees, and that little ones be with their parents at all times and may not run about the event or hotel unsupervised.
– Guys plan too! Gentlemen are more than welcome at PlannerCon!
The tentative schedule is:
Friday, March 2:
– We will be opening the ballroom & Regency boutique at 6pm for our PlannerCon Night of Stars & early shopping and will be open until 11:00pm
Saturday, March 3:
– We open for check in at 7:30 and early shopping at 8:00am
– The conference starts at 9:00am
– We have 2 speakers, a panel plus workshops, shopping and lots of play & plan time all day until 5pm
– We then close down for dinner (on your own) and reopen the ballroom at 6:30pm for our PlannerGirl Plan-a-thon & more shopping, music, snacks, washi swap and more until midnight
Sunday, March 4:
– We open at 8:00am for check in and shopping
– The conference will start at 9:00am until 5:00pm when the conference is over
– Again the day is filled with 2 speakers, panel and workshops, etc all day long
Who will be speaking?
– We have 4 dynamic speakers including: Kristy Dickerson of START planners, Nicole Rixon from Sweet Stamp Shop, Brian Taylor of EvolveYou Foundation and Amy Tangerine.
– Plus we have added 2 panels of fabulous planner stars including Angel Elizabeth of PenGems, Irene Kwong of Simply Gilded, Alex & Kayla Bends of Oh Hello Co, Melissa Dufner of Posh Pieces, Lhey Bella aka Mommy Lhey, Andrea Gray aka retrohipmama, Kara Benz aka Boho Berry and Jessica Locke of kitlife.net.
What is there to do?
– There will be time for you to play & plan and share your planner with new and old friends as well as hear different speakers throughout the weekend.
– There will be workshops where you can really get hands on and try some things out for yourself along with our workshop leaders.
– There will be opportunities for de-stashing and swapping if you’re so inclined!
– Don’t forget we will also have the opportunity for you to purchase raffle tickets. Proceeds from our raffles go to our chosen local non-profit organizations – there are some fabulous raffle prizes! Ticket are 6 for $5, 15 for $10 and 30 for $20. When you purchase $20 of raffle tickets, you get a bonus ticket for 1 of our 3 grand prizes valued each at $500+.
– FRIDAY NIGHT will be the Night of Stars where attendees will be able to meet, greet, and take selfies with some of the stars (speakers and workshop leaders) of Planner Con!
– SATURDAY NIGHT will be the Plan-A-thon where attendees can spend the night planning, swapping, and dancing! That’s right, we will have a DJ and more!
– There will also be a trash-to-treasure table for you to place any planner items you no longer want and/or pick-up some items!
Do I have to register for the Night of Stars and/or the Plan-A-Thon?
– No, both of these events are included with your ticket purchase
– You do not have to dress-up to attend these events. The whole weekend is casual wear and all about being comfortable & fun.
How do I register for workshops? Do I have to attend the workshops?–
– You will receive an email soon giving you instructions. Please make sure we have your correct email address. The email will be sent to the email address used with your credit card and/or Paypal account you registered with. If you need to make a correction, please send us an email to email@example.com. When you check-in, you will be given tickets to the workshops you signed up for. Do not lose these tickets as these are the only way you will be able to enter workshops. There will not be extras.
– The entrance of workshops will be attended by team members to ensure only those who signed up for that class enter the workshop.
You will not be able to sign up for workshops at the conference. You must sign up for a workshop ahead of time using the link provided by email as stated above.
– If you do not wish to attend a workshop you do not have to. Workshops are optional and you will not be refunded for not attending a workshop.
When can I shop with the Vendors and in the Etsy boutique?
– You will to be able to shop with our vendors throughout PlannerCon 2018. Vendors will be closed when a speaker is on stage.
– Workshops will be held in separate rooms and vendors will be open during this time.
– Don’t fret…you’ll have plenty of time to shop with all our fabulous vendors!
How does swapping work?
– Swapping is when you create something and you swap your creation with another for one of their creations
– Most people create washi samples to swap, but really it can be anything you want such as paper clips, stickers, journal cards, die cuts, pens, etc.
– This is meant to be a fun event to help introduce you to other people at the event
– All you do is walk up to someone and ask if they are swapping, if they are just ask if they would like to swap with you
– There is no minimum or maximum number of swaps you have to make, it is completely up to you. Keep in mind this event will have over 1,000 people so please do not feel like you need to make that many because let’s be honest, nobody has time for that!
– It is recommended to have one bag that carries your swaps and to have a second bag to collect the swaps you will receive
– Swapping will occur Saturday night during the Plan-A-Thon but feel free to swap throughout the day as well! Maybe even with your tablemates during a workshop!
Do I have to swap?
– No, you do not have to swap
– Swapping is not required nor expected. It is simply another way for you to be creative and to share that creativity while meeting others.
Will food be provided?
– Food will not be provided
– There is a restaurant and café at the hotel, as well as, some restaurants in the surrounding area. We encourage you to bring snacks & water. Although there is no time set aside specially for lunch breaks, you will not be in all the workshops and can play & plan, shop and/or get something to eat during that time.
Any other recommendations?
– Wear comfortable shoes. There will be a lot of walking to the various rooms and while shopping, so please keep this in mind when packing
– Hotel conference rooms tend to run on the cold side so consider keeping a light sweater with you while attending speaker presentations and workshops
– Keep a refillable water bottle and snacks on hand
– If you don’t plan on doing a lot of planning and crafting at the conference, just keep the essentials on you. An everyday planner, journal for capturing the highlights of each day, a notebook for notes during workshops and seminars, favorite pens (yes plural because we all have more pens than we need and each one is fabulous). Remember you will also receive a lot of items in your swag bag, from workshops, plus any shopping you do while at the event so you may not need to bring a lot of supplies, especially if you are flying. Planner Girls always love to share as well
– Keep an extra carry on bag in case you need more room for your goodies for the flight home
– Don’t forget to use #plannercon2018 when posting on social media so everyone can see all the fun you are having!
– Most importantly, don’t forget your chargers & portable chargers!